Tuesday, March 19, 2013

perception



What do you think of me?

How often is this the question that laces our thoughts.
It's embarrassing, isn't it?
We hate to admit that we care so much, so often.
I'm guilty of it.

How are we seen?
To what conclusions do people arrive at once they have met us?
What image is projected upon the white mask we hide behind?

I've been thinking about this quite a lot lately.
A little, as I have sifted through blogs and 'social-media' pages.
A bit, as I have encountered and witnessed interactions.
A lot, as I have examined my own motives when posed with the question:

WHY?

This isn't a very conclusive post.
More a thought-process I'm throwing out there,
perhaps to be returned with your own ideas or answered with silence.

So I ask you:
WHY?

I'm committing to ask myself this and maybe you will too.
Rather than accepting the status quo of my thought life.
Capturing every thought and holding up to the Light.

Let's see where things go from here, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment