Friday, December 23, 2011

thinking...


Disclaimer: After re-reading this I realize it very much sounds like mumbo-jumbo, but if you continue reading, you will soon learn that's how my mind is on many days. So apologies for any confusion that may occur due to the spilling out of words from my brain...

I think a lot. And I'm pretty sure 88.3% of the time my mind's just jumbled up. I'm what my mom would call a "thinker".
I think. And I over think. And then I think about the fact that I'm over thinking. And on and on...yet, something I've been thinking about (and yes I did just say that again) is how much I don't say what I'm thinking. In the sense that I don't tell people how much they mean to me near enough.
My relationship with Jesus is the most important thing to me. And the second most important thing are the relationships I have with people. The word friendship doesn't really suffice in summing up the relationships that I am most thankful for. Because I call them my friends, but the word "friend" doesn't even do justice to all that they are. These people laugh hysterically with me, cry sweet tears with me, listen to my "soft-sometimes-hard-to-hear" voice, tell me stories about their lives, go blading and long boarding and "falling" with me, encourage me more than they even realize, and make me remember what really is important in life.
And I'm so thankful for that. For the fellowship and joy shared. The words spoken. The hugs given. And the love poured out. Jesus is so evident in their lives, their every movement, the way they serve and love others.
That still doesn't sum up all that these people are to me, but hopefully some of them read this, and they get a little glimpse of how truly wonderful I think they are.
So friends doesn't suffice, but "kindred spirits" does. And yes, I know I'm pulling out an Anne of Green Gables reference, but I think it does more justice to what I'm trying to express. A less "feminine" name I could say is beshte which is Swahili for "friend, pal, buddy". And I don't know if that has a deeper meaning at all, or simply sounds cool because it's in a different language.
Either way, to all my kindred spirits and mabeshte I'm beyond thankful for each and every one of y'all. I wanted to make sure you knew.
Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas and remember you're the reason Jesus came and was born humbly in to this world. He loves you dearly and so do I!
Your beshte,
Ky

No comments:

Post a Comment